To find out if a computer is infected with the Mydoom.A or .B worms, do the following:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type:
cmd (if you're using Windows 98/95/ME, type command instead)
- Click OK. The black Command Prompt window will open, displaying C:\...>.
- Type cd \ and press ENTER. This will change the current directory to C:\ followed by a cursor.
- Type dir shimgapi.dll /a /s
- It will look through your entire hard drive. If it says "File not found", go to the next step
- Type dir ctfmon.dll /a /s
- Same thing, "File not found" is good. If either command shows files found, you're infected.
More information on the worms and how to remove them here
This announcement brought to by the letters F, U, and the number 69.